Sunday, June 17, 2012

Decision Point, Part I

Welcome to the end, my friends.

In the morning, I woke up to find the apartment empty, everything oddly still and quiet. Dust seemed to hang in the air, illuminated by the sun's light. It was clear that Father and Eris were gone.

On the table in the kitchen there was a single note, all crinkled up, though the handwriting was neat, each letter written with care.
We have reached the Decision Point.
Go to the roof.
I shall be waiting.

                                                          ~ Eris
I sighed. This was it. The final battle, the last stand, whatever you want to call it. A thought forced its way into my mind: I could die on this day. Eris could kill me. I considered running, considered fleeing from what could possibly lead to my death.

But I didn't want to be a coward. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not that.

Misery doesn't fear.

Misery doesn't surrender.

Misery doesn't give in.

I know how to win this, Eris.

Misery always knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment