Thursday, June 7, 2012

One day, when I was forced away

I was fired from work today.

I don't know what happened - one minute I was completely fine. But... then my stomach began to churn, and it felt as if there was fire in my gut, smoke tickling my throat, my skin seeming to blister, eyes watering, going bloodshot. And more than that - there was also rage. Anger. Boiling, brewing, rising disarray. I don't know what I was angry at.

My manager made the mistake of asking me to clean up my desk. It was, and I quote, an 'utter mess'. The words word out of my mouth before I had time to think anything through - "No, I don't think I will."

That was a mistake. An argument ensued - I can't even remember half of what we said, but I think there was a lot of swearing - and then the next thing I knew a desk smashed through the window and reveling in the feeling of power. Glass flung back, embedding itself in my skin. Drawing blood.

I snapped out of whatever trance I was in, and realized that my fears had come to pass.

Then, I was running home, the glass still in my skin, pain shooting through my body.

The question still runs through my head - why did I do that? What was I even thinking?

Now I'm at home, hoping that the police don't come and arrest me for property damage. My boss never actually said I was fired, but I'm assuming that's a case - why would I be allowed back after flinging a desk through a window?

Of course, they might not even believe the story - my desk was huge. It'd be pretty hard to throw it through the window.

But... the desk has to be there, on the ground. That would be hard to argue against in court.

That was one more rash action I shouldn't have done.

What am I going to tell my father?

No comments:

Post a Comment