Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Two Messages

I came home today to find out that I had received two emails during the course of the day. The first was from my father, and the second was from some person called 'The Chain Connector'. A fake name, obviously. I immediately dismissed it as someone trolling me, but didn't mark it as spam. Instead, I decided to read the email after I finished reading my father's.
Dearest daughter

It has been years and years since you have seen your dear father last. I, of course, have missed you. I know you're busy, what with your job and all, but I'd still like you to visit me sometime. Perhaps this weekend, if you can? I'd like to talk to you some more, if you don't mind. Thanks.
 I sent him a reply saying that of course I'd go. He's my father, after all, and I want to see him again.

Then, I looked at the second email.
THE CALL OF FERRATUS

FERRATUS IS CHAINED IN THE GROVE,
HIS FETTERS OLD AND RUSTED.
HIS WIFE, THE BURNING BRIDE,
WISHES TO REVIVE FERRATUS ANEW,
AND FORGE HIM FRESH FETTERS,
AS SHE BELIEVES THAT HE HAS LEARNED FROM HIS PUNISHMENT,
WHICH HE ENDURED IN THE GROVE OF FETTERS.
DO NOT ACCEPT THE CALL.
DO NOT VENTURE INTO THE GROVE,
LEST FERRATUS BE FREED FROM HIS CHAINS.
THE BRIDE CANNOT BE TRUSTED.
It looks like a chain email, except it didn't say to pass it on. Maybe it's part of some ARG or something?

I don't have this type of stuff. I've marked the email as spam. For some reason I feel unnerved by the email, even though I know that's just silly. I'm going to try my best to forget it.

However, it continues to nag on my mind, much like Eris. I'm sick of having to dwell on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment