Monday, June 11, 2012

One day, when flames illuminated the streets

I returned to my apartment late on Sunday night. Of course, I didn't tell Father anything about what happened in the Caves of Luminescence. How could I? He wouldn't believe me. Plus, this is something that I want to face on my own.

I've been thinking over what Eris said to me... I have to join her or die. That's what she told me. But I don't follow anyone's rules. I won't let myself be forced to choose one of those options. I could always run away, of course. But that's not the right option either. Running won't help me.

Father says that they're - that is, Eris and him - going to visit me this weekend. Eris wants to see where I live, he said. Like I believe that. Eris already knows exactly where I live - she knew that even before he told her. Eris isn't coming to see my apartment. She's coming to make me decide.

I can see her influence effecting the city - fires are starting more frequently than ever. The city park burned, cars frequently get overturned and burst into flames, and the pavement is too hot to even walk on it with sandals. The news people say it's because of a summer heat wave, but I know better. Eris is taunting me. She thinks I care enough about the city and the people here to give in if she makes them suffer.

I say one thing for certain. Eris might know everything that happened in history, a vague idea of the future and everything there is to know about Earth and beyond, but she doesn't know me. That's her weakness, and I shall make it her downfall.

Now, I'm going to do some research.

Apparently Eris has been hanging around this city for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment